What is an e-Portfolio?
e-Portfolios have come a long way since they were simply a web-based repository for things they would have once stored in a paper portfolio.
Any modern e-portfolio will store electronic resources such as documents, images and other evidence of competency, but a really good e-portfolio also offers:
- Different interfaces for different users (apprentices, employers, training providers, QA) and direct communication between parties
- Increased efficiency
- Easy mapping of bespoke activities and tasks to qualification structure
- The use of many thousands of certified qualification (and Standards) structures, as well as bespoke company-specific programmes
- Increased participation and ownership
- Better management of data on every aspect of delivery, progress and achievement and inspection-ready reports
- Money saving
- Quality assurance
- Reminders of upcoming submission dates, reviews etc
- Off the Job Training hours recording and reporting
- Integration with your existing student record systems
Advantages and Disadvantages of an E-portfolio
Benefits of VQManager
What does it cost?